What is the number one attraction in New York State?
1. Statue of Liberty. America’s most iconic sight, the Statue of Liberty is at the top of every first-time visitor’s list of things to do in New York.
Where should I go for a weekend getaway in New York?
The New York Weekend Getaways You Need This Summer
- Saranac Lake (Adirondacks)
- Hunter (Catskills)
- Rocking Horse Ranch (Hudson Valley)
- Buffalo (Greater Niagara)
- Shelter Island (Long Island)
- Skaneateles (Finger Lakes)
- Alexandria Bay (Thousand Islands-Seaway)
- Queens (New York City)
Where can I go for a weekend in upstate NY?
Upstate N.Y. Day Trips: Caves & Mines
- Herkimer Diamond Mines.
- Natural Stone Bridge and Caves.
- International Boxing Hall of Fame.
- Jell-O Gallery Museum.
- The National Museum of Play.
- Niagara Falls.
- Midway State Park.
- Lake George.
What is upstate NY famous for?
Upstate New York is home to numerous popular tourist and recreational destinations, including Niagara Falls, the Adirondack and Catskill Mountains, the Thousand Islands, the National Baseball Hall of Fame, and the Finger Lakes.
Where do New Yorkers summer vacation?
From the Hamptons to the Jersey Shore, here’s where New Yorkers are planning to travel this summer.
- The Hamptons, NY. Andrew Toth / Stringer / Getty Images.
- The Poconos, PA. Flickr/Charlie Anzman.
- Montauk, NY. Montauk Light House Shutterstock.
- Ocean City, MD.
- Cape Cod, MA.
- Catskills, NY.
- Long Beach Island, NJ.
- Myrtle Beach, SC.
What are the top 10 Things to do in New York City?
Top 10 Things to Do in New York City 1. Catch the view. 2. Get a little green. 3. Explore another borough. 4. Eat all the things. 5. Walk the entire High Line. 6. Buy something awesome. 7. Get your culture on. 8. Enrich your inner theater geek. 9. Hear something new. 10. Feel like a real New Yorker .
What are the best neighborhoods to stay in New York?
Safest Areas of NYC: Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Lincoln Center. Safety generally is not an issue in New York, one of the country’s safest big cities. But for those who are concerned, consider staying in the Lincoln Center area or the quiet residential Upper East and Upper West sides.
What are the most popular places to visit in New York?
From Manhattan to Brooklyn, Queens , the Bronx, and Long Island, this is America’s ultimate urban destination and one that has something different to offer every season. Some of the most popular NYC experiences include Central Park, Times Square, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Empire State Building, and celebrity restaurants.
What are the most popular attractions in New York?
Perhaps the most popular attraction in NYC, “The Great White Way” is famous for its bright lights and annual events – including the traditional New Year’s Eve Ball Drop at Times Square – and is also home to the best Broadway shows and theaters in NYC.