What can you make out of old ceiling fans?
Ideas for Upcycling your Old Fan
- Make a planter out of the motor housing of the fan. Spray paint the motor housing whatever colour you choose.
- Use old ceiling fan blades as wall hangings.
- Create a chalkboard or memo board from old fan blades.
- Use discarded ceiling fan lamp shades as flower planters.
- Make a mirror.
Are ceiling fans out of style 2020?
Are ceiling fans out of style? Far from it. According to our most recent Top Agent Insights Report, 34% of real estate agents say that ceiling fans are a feature that modern buyers love to see in a home, placing it in the top five energy-efficient upgrades you can make.
How can I modernize my ceiling fan?
5 Easy Ways to Modernize Your Ceiling Fan
- New Blades. Ceiling fan blades can fade and warp over time, causing the fan to look shabby.
- Paint Job. Just as the blades lose their original luster so does the motor housing and hardware.
- Add Lighting.
- Add New Bulbs.
- Add Control.
Is it OK to paint ceiling fan blades?
Although, contemporary ceiling fans use durable, metallic-finish paints, the painted surface is often worn-off with repeated usage. Fan blades can be given a quick makeover by painting them yourself. Ceiling fans are also painted as a part of home redecorating projects.
Why are ceiling fans bad?
Fans can circulate dust and pollen in the air, which may trigger allergies in some people. The fan blades themselves are another unwelcome source of dust. If you inhale these allergens, you could experience symptoms, such as runny nose, itchy throat, sneezing, watery eyes, or breathing difficulties.
How can I make my ceiling fan look cool?
9 Fresh DIY Ceiling Fan Ideas to Transform Your Home’s Biggest (Functional) Eyesore
- Give it a burst of color.
- Swap out the blades.
- Make your ceiling fan an accent piece.
- Switch up the light shades.
- Match the blades to your style.
- Use spray paint to luxe it up.
- Stain the wood or add faux paneling.
Does length of fan blades matter?
The most common ceiling fan blade spans are 52 and 42 inches. Longer blades work best for larger rooms and create softer, more comfortable airflow. Shorter blades offer more direct airflow and are ideal for smaller rooms. The volume of air is not determined by blade span, but by the motor.
Are metal fan blades better than plastic?
Select a fan with large, metal blades. The metal blades are slightly louder than plastic blades, but they are capable of moving more air. Typically, more blades move more air.