What are the 10 medicinal plants?
Top 10 Medicinal Plants
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis).
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla).
- Peppermint (Metha x piperita).
- Holy Basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum).
- Plantain (Plantago major).
- Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis).
- English Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia “Vera”).
- Hops (Humulus lupulus).
What are the ten medicinal plants approved by the DOH give the uses of each?
Herbal Medicine Plants Approved by the DOH
- Lagundi (Vitex negundo)
- Yerba (Hierba ) Buena (Mentha cordifelia)
- Sambong (Blumea balsamifera)
- Tsaang Gubat (Carmona retusa)
- Niyug-niyogan (Quisqualis indica L.)
- Bayabas/Guava (Psidium guajava L.)
- Akapulko. (Cassia alata L.)
- Ulasimang Bato (Peperonica pellucida)
What are the 10 medicinal plants approved by Tama?
Ten medicinal plants have been endorsed by the DOH-PITAHC, after they have been scientifically validated to ensure safety and efficacy. These are Acapulco, Ampalaya (Makiling variety), Lagundi (five leaflets), Bawang, Bayabas, Sambong, Niyug-niyogan, Tsaang-gubat, Yerba Buena, and Ulasimang bato (pansit-pansitan).
What are the 10 Philippine medicinal plants approved by DOH?
The Department of Health of the Philippines approved 10 medicinal plants namely Allium sativum (Garlic/Bawang), Blumea balsamifera (Nagal camphor/sambong), Cassia alata (Ringworm bush/akapulko), Clinopodium douglasii (Mint/yerba Buena), Ehretia microphylla (Scorpion bush/Tsaang Gubat), Momordica charantia (Bitter Melon …
What are medicinal plants give two examples?
Medicinal plants such as Aloe, Tulsi, Neem, Turmeric and Ginger cure several common ailments. These are considered as home remedies in many parts of the country.
What plants grow in the Philippines?
Some of the more distinct and special plants found in the Philippines are the Jade Vine, Fan Palm, the Kabantigi and the Tree Fern. All of these, save the Kabantigi, are evergreens that grow in the Philippine Rain Forest and have become rare due to habitat destruction.
What are endangered plants in the Philippines?
Coral plant Balanophora coralliformis Pelser,Tandang&Barcelona Balanophoraceae
What is the importance of medicinal plants?
Keeps the digestive system running
What are medicinal and aromatic plants?
Information. Medicinal&Aromatic Plants (MAPs) are botanical raw materials,also known as herbal drugs,that are primarily used for therapeutic,aromatic and/or culinary purposes as components of cosmetics,medicinal