How do you make a fabric coaster?
- Cut fabric and batting into 5.5″ squares (two each for every coaster)
- Layers two squares of fabric on top of two squares of batting.
- Sew around perimeter with 1/4″ seam allowance leaving 2″ opening on one side.
- Trim sides and corners to reduce bulk.
- Turn right side out.
- Press out corners with point turner.
How do you make fabric coasters waterproof?
- Step 1: Cut Fabric to Size. The first thing you need to do is cut your fabric to size.
- Step 2: Apply Fabric to Tile. Take your foam brush and paint a layer of Mod Podge onto the top of your tile.
- Step 3: Waterproof and Seal your Coaster.
- Step 4: Apply Cork to Bottom of Tile.
What material is used for coasters?
All you’ll need is rope, a hot glue gun or superglue, scissors, fabric spray sealer, and optionally, a sheet of cork or cork coasters and spray paint.
What size should a coaster be?
Some bar or drink coasters are square, others are round, but both options have a typical 4×4 inch size. This is the ideal shape for most standard coaster as it is large enough to hold most mugs and glasses.
How do you seal coasters?
Apply 2 coats of a clear spray sealer to the coasters to seal and waterproof them. Make sure to do this in a well ventilated area. Spray the top, sides, and bottom side. Let the sealer dry for 20 minutes or so.
Can you make coasters from plywood?
These coasters are made from 3/4″ birch plywood, available at Home Depot and Lowes. A 4’x8′ sheet costs about $45, and would make enough coasters to build a bar. You may be able to get smaller pieces of plywood, but the smaller the piece, the higher the price, generally speaking.
What can you make with Hexies?
- Sewing up the Back Porch Pillow.
- Quick as a Fox Block 5- Hexagon Appliqué
- Color Your Summer RAINBOW.
- DIY Hexagon Bracelet Sewing Tutorial.
- Hexagon Appliquéd Tote.
- Folded Hexagon Coasters.
- Hexagon Mini Quilt.
- Hexie Quilt Layout.