How do I restart IIS in Windows Server 2012?
In Windows Server 2012:
- Right-click on the Windows Start icon.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin). A command prompt window will open.
- At the command prompt, type IISRESET.
- Press Enter.
- When Internet services successfully restarted appears, type exit.
- Press Enter.
How do I reset my server?
Here’s the basic procedure for restarting a network server:
- Make sure that everyone is logged off the server.
- After you’re sure the users have logged off, shut down the network server.
- Reboot the server computer or turn it off and then on again.
How do I restart my computer Management server?
Open a computer management console for the machine you want to restart. I usually right-click the My Computer desktop icon and select Manage, then right-click Computer Management and select Connect to another computer. From the list, select the remote system you want to restart. Click OK.
How do you restart a server?
How do I shutdown a Windows server?
From an open command prompt window:
- type shutdown, followed by the option you wish to execute.
- To shut down your computer, type shutdown /s.
- To restart your computer, type shutdown /r.
- To log off your computer type shutdown /l.
- For a complete list of options type shutdown /?
- After typing your chosen option, press Enter.
What is w3wp EXE process?
“An Internet Information Services (IIS) worker process is a Windows process (w3wp.exe) which runs web applications, and is responsible for handling requests sent to a web Server for a specific application pool.”
How to shutdown or restart the server remotely?
Restart a computer: This command will immediately restart a remote computer. The -Force option will force a restart even if a user is logged on.
What is the command line to reboot a server?
Simply use /r switch with shutdown command to reboot windows server using command line. Here are various examples of shutdown command. Restart local system with forcefully close running applications using /f command line switch.
How do you restart a PC remotely?
Shut Down or Restart a Windows 10 PC Using Remote Desktop. The simplest way to shutdown or reboot a remote Windows 10 computer is to connect via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and then click Start > Restart or Shut Down.
How do you reboot a remote server?
Enabling Remote Restart Make sure that you’re on the computer that you want to restart. Open Start . Type services into Start. Click Services. Scroll down and click Remote Registry. Click the “Properties” icon. Click the “Startup type” drop-down box. Select Automatic. Click OK.