How do I create a new user on Mac terminal?
Open a Terminal window. Search in finder TERMINAL and double-click the “Terminal” icon. Type “sudo dscl . -create /Users/username” and press “Enter.” Replace “username” with a one-word name to identify the user.
How do I make my Mac admin account without password?
Create a new admin account
- Hold ⌘ + S on startup.
- mount -uw / ( fsck -fy is not needed)
- rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone.
- Go through the steps of creating a new account.
- After logging in to the new account, go to the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Select the old account, press the Reset Password…
How do I create a new user?
How to Create a New User Account on Your Computer
- Choose Start→Control Panel and in the resulting window, click the Add or Remove User Accounts link.
- Click Create a New Account.
- Enter an account name and then select the type of account you want to create.
- Click the Create Account button and then close the Control Panel.
How do I create a new administrator account?
- Select Start >Settings > Accounts.
- Under Family & other users, select the account owner name (you should see “Local account” below the name), then select Change account type.
- Under Account type, select Administrator, and then select OK.
- Sign in with the new administrator account.
How do I create another user account on my Mac?
Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.
- Click the Add button below the list of users.
- Click the New Account pop-up menu, then choose a type of user.
- Enter a full name for the new user.
How do I login as administrator on Mac?
Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups (or Accounts). , then enter an administrator name and password. Click Login Options. Click Join (or Edit).