Where is IIS log files located?
IIS log files are stored by default in the %SystemDrive%\inetpub\logs\LogFiles folder of your IIS server. The folder is configured in the Directory property on the Logging page for either the server or an individual site.
Can I delete w3svc log files?
These log files are produced by Microsoft Internet Information Services. The files are simply log files of accesses to the Web server. It is safe to delete all the old log files.
How do I find the server log file?
Checking Windows Event Logs
- Press ⊞ Win + R on the M-Files server computer.
- In the Open text field, type in eventvwr and click OK.
- Expand the Windows Logs node.
- Select the Application node.
- Click Filter Current Log… on the Actions pane in the Application section to list only the entries that are related to M-Files.
What is the physical location of the log files folder on the web server?
Specifies the logging directory, where the log file and logging-related support files are stored. The default value is %SystemDrive%\inetpub\logs\LogFiles .
What is stored in IIS logs?
The IIS log file is also a fixed ASCII format that logs more information than other file formats. It includes basic items such as IP and username, request date and time, service status and number of bytes received, as well as detailed items of target files.
Is it OK to delete IIS logs?
Solution: Yes, it is safe to delete IIS log files. These log files can be found by following the below steps.
Where can I find Windows log files?
View the Windows Setup event logs
- Start the Event Viewer, expand the Windows Logs node, and then click System.
- In the Actions pane, click Open Saved Log and then locate the Setup. etl file. By default, this file is available in the %WINDIR%\Panther directory.
- The log file contents appear in the Event Viewer.
Where the log files are stored in Windows?
The Windows operating system records events in five areas: application, security, setup, system and forwarded events. Windows stores event logs in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\ folder. Application events relate to incidents with the software installed on the local computer.
What is the default location for log files in Linux?
The default location for log files in Linux is /var/log. You can view the list of log files in this directory with a simple ls -l /var/log command.