Where is htdocs folder in XAMPP?
Open the XAMPP directory through the ‘Explorer’ button in the Control Panel and choose the folder htdocs (C:00ampp\htdocs for standard installations). This directory will store file data collected for web pages that you test on your XAMPP server.
How do I run a PHP file outside htdocs folder?
2 Answers. Edit the “DocumentRoot” line to the location of the remote \htdocs folder. Edit the “Directory” tag to the same remote location you set for DocumentRoot. Save the file and restart your local Apache server.
Where is my XAMPP root directory?
In the xampp PHP server, files are served by default from c:/xampp/htdocs directory. There are times when the need may arise for you to serve your PHP project from directories outside of the /htdocs folder eg directly from an external E:/ drive or any other directory on your computer.
How can I change Apache Path in XAMPP?
- Win + R and type regedit then enter.
- Open this directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Apache2.
- Right-click on the “ImagePath” and choose “Modify”
- Change the Value Data field with your current installed path of apache in XAMPP.
How do I change Htdocs location?
- Go to C:pp\apache\conf\httpd.conf.
- Open httpd.conf.
- Find tag : DocumentRoot “C:/xampp/htdocs”
- Edit tag to : DocumentRoot “C:/xampp/htdocs/myproject/web”
- Now find tag and change it to < Directory “C:/xampp/htdocs/myproject/web” >
- Restart Your Apache.
How do I access Htdocs files?
The htdocs folder can be found in /opt/lampp/ . You can navigate to your root folder from the file manager (nautilus by default), by clicking on Other locations from the sidebar, then Computer . From there you can find the opt folder that contains the lampp folder.
How do I save a folder in htdocs?
- Create a users group called xamppusers : sudo groupadd xamppusers.
- Add yourself to that group: sudo usermod -a -G xamppusers $USER.
- Change the ownership of the /opt/lampp/htdocs folder: sudo usermod -R root.xamppusers /opt/lampp/htdocs sudo chmod -R 775 /opt/lampp/htdocs.
- Restart the system.
What is the htdocs folder?
This folder have different names, but basically it is a folder with “permits public access”. The folder can be called this on Linux systems: htdocs. public_html.
How do I change htdocs folder?
Where is my localhost directory?
There is no such thing as a localhost directory by default. You first have to install a web server, and then drop your files in the directory that is specified in the configuration.
What to do with the htdocs folder in XAMPP?
If you doesn’t have created any web application yet, create now a folder under your new “htdocs” folder, for instance, something called “webapps”to keep your applications files organized and separated from the original XAMPP folder structure.
Where do I find the DocumentRoot in XAMPP?
ServerRoot is the top of the directory tree under which the server’s configuration, error, and log files are kept… However the DOCUMENTROOT must be C:/xampp/htdocs For example: DocumentRoot “C:/xampp/htdocs” I hope this will help you out 🙂
Where do I find httpd.conf in Lampp?
In the terminal, stop lampp before saving the file, start again. In the browser localhost will then point to “webdir”. In NTFS format you can’t set folder permissions. Open /opt/lampp/etc/httpd.conf.
How to access the symbolic links in htdocs?
Open /opt/lampp/etc/httpd.conf. And after that you can access the symbolic links in htdocs. Just make an index file on your new htdocs folder. Thanks for contributing an answer to Ask Ubuntu!