What was on Broadway 1995?
View All the Shows that Opened on Broadway in 1995
- A Month in the Country – 4/25/95.
- Arcadia – 3/30/95.
- Busker Alley (Closed on Road) –
- Buttons on Broadway – 6/8/95.
- Chronicle of a Death Foretold – 6/15/95.
- Company – 10/5/95.
- Danny Gans on Broadway: The Man of Many Voices – 11/8/95.
- Fool Moon – 10/29/95.
What is the longest-running Off Broadway show?
1. Perfect Crime. A wily cop tries to psych out a possibly homicidal shrink in Warren Manzi’s moldy, convoluted Off Broadway whodunit. Catherine Russell, who has starred in the show since it opened, holds the world record for most performances in a female role.
What is the longest-running West End musical?
Les Misérables With some of the most recognisable songs in musical theatre, the classic story of Jean Valjean and revolutionary France is the longest-running musical in the history of the West End.
What was on Broadway 1996?
View All the Shows that Opened on Broadway in 1996
- A Christmas Carol – 12/31/96.
- A Delicate Balance – 4/21/96.
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum – 4/18/96.
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream – 3/31/96.
- A Thousand Clowns – 7/14/96.
- An Ideal Husband – 5/1/96.
- Angela Lansbury – A Celebration – 11/17/96.
- Big – 4/28/96.
What was on Broadway 1997?
Concluding the 11th season of Broadway By the Year, The Broadway Musicals of 1997 features such shows as Elton John’s The Lion King, Frank Wildhorn’s The Scarlet Pimpernel and Jekyll & Hyde, Duke Ellington’s Play On!, Johnny Mercer’s Dream, Stock/Birkenhead’s Triumph of Love, Maury Yeston’s Titanic, Kander & Ebb’s …
What is the most famous Broadway musical?
The Phantom of the Opera
|1.||The Phantom of the Opera||January 26, 1988|
|2.||Chicago (1996 revival)||November 14, 1996|
|3.||The Lion King||November 13, 1997|
|4.||Cats||October 7, 1982|
What is the longest play ever?
The Bald Soprano
I say ‘once decreed’ because the current Guinness World Records web site lists a production by the 27 O’Clock Players (of Belmar, New Jersey) of Ionesco’s absurdist ‘anti-play’ The Bald Soprano (aka The Bald Prima Donna) as the world’s longest ‘continuous dramatic performance’, at 23 hours 33 minutes 54 seconds.