What is an example sentence for paradox?
(1) The facts pose something of a paradox. (2) It’s a paradox that in such a rich country there can be so much poverty. (3) It is a curious paradox that professional comedians often have unhappy personal lives. (4) The paradox is that the region’s most dynamic economies have the most primitive financial systems.
How do you use Meliorism in a sentence?
Meliorism in a Sentence 🔉
- As a believer in meliorism, the activist felt that every small effort he made had a positive effect on the world.
- The professor explained that meliorism gives hope to those who want the world to become a better place.
What are 5 examples of a paradox?
Here are some thought-provoking paradox examples:
- Save money by spending it.
- If I know one thing, it’s that I know nothing.
- This is the beginning of the end.
- Deep down, you’re really shallow.
- I’m a compulsive liar.
- “Men work together whether they work together or apart.” – Robert Frost.
What is a paradox and its examples?
An example of a paradox is “Waking is dreaming”. Chinnapong / Getty Images. Updated January 20, 2020. A paradox is a figure of speech in which a statement appears to contradict itself. This type of statement can be described as paradoxical.
How do you use paradoxical in a sentence?
Paradoxical sentence example
- He was not only paradoxical to the verge of craziness, but intolerant to the verge of bigotry.
- Weight, however paradoxical it may appear, is necessary to flight.
What’s the meaning of meliorism?
: the belief that the world tends to improve and that humans can aid its betterment.
What is an example of paradox in literature?
One final example of a paradox in literature can be found in Animal Farm by George Orwell, in which, “All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others” is a principle dictum of a society of animals Orwell uses as an allegory for human society.
What is an example of a paradox in literature?
Which is an example of a paradox in a sentence?
Examples of Paradox in a sentence. In a strange paradox, the medicine made Heather sick before it made her better. 🔊 The idea of being cruel to be kind is a paradox because cruelty is not normally associated with kindness. 🔊 By definition a paradox is two contrasting situations put together to create a provoking idea. 🔊
How to use ” meliorism ” in a sentence?
No meliorism resides in the second of these standards as it does in the first. At the convention, the official mood was traditional Methodist meliorism. As an inevitable result of all the influences that constitute his world he finds himself yearning for meliorism as the crownpiece.
How is an oxymoron different from a paradox?
A paradox may consist of a statement or a group of statements with opposing definitions, while an oxymoron combines two contradictory terms to form a new meaning. But because an oxymoron can play out with just two words, it is often used to describe a given object or idea imaginatively.
What’s the difference between a literary paradox and a logical paradox?
To put it simply, a literary paradox uses language figuratively to create a different and unexpected meaning. A logical paradox, on the other hand, is hopelessly contradictory despite the speaker’s attempt to use the language nonsensically to make it appear meaningful. Difference between Paradox and Oxymoron