If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book

What does an A1 licence allow?

The A1 licence An A1 licence allows riders aged 17 and over to: Ride a light motorcycle up to 11 kW (and a power-to-weight ratio not more than 0.1kW per kg) and 125 cc (rough top speed of 60mph)

What is a category A1 licence?

The A1 Motorcycle Licence is available for people aged 17 or above who only want to ride a scooter/moped or motorbike with a maximum engine size of up to 125cc. Many people consider the A1 licence as a so called “permanent CBT”, with the added privilege of being able to use motorways, and carry pillion passenger’s.

Does an A1 licence expire?

It’s the only licence on offer for motorcyclists aged 17 and 18. Advantages include being able to ride without L-plates, the ability to use motorways and carry a pillion passenger, so it’s genuinely more useful than the CBT test; and furthermore it doesn’t expire after two years either.

Can I go straight to A1 license?

The only way the A1 licence makes sense is if somebody passed their CBT at the age of 16 and their certificate will expire before they have turned 19. You can ride more powerful bikes and, if after two years you’re not yet 24, you can go straight to your Unrestricted A licence.

What’s the difference between A1 and A2 motorcycle test?

A2 Licence If you have passed your full A1 motorcycle licence tests, you will have to pass the practical test again, but not the Motorcycle Theory Test. As an intermediate motorcycle licence, A2 licence bikes will have at least 395cc and a power output of between 25kW and 35kW.

Can a 17 year old ride a 125cc motorbike?

You have to be 17 years old or over. You are not required to pass the Motorcycle Theory or Module 1 and Module 2 Practical tests, but if you do, you will be able to ride with fewer restrictions. After you have obtained your CBT certificate, you will be entitled to ride any motorcycle or scooter up to 125cc.

Do you have to do a CBT before A1?

You must complete a CBT course and hold a valid CBT Certificate before you can ride on the public road. a candidate who has passed a moped test (category AM) will not require CBT for category A1.

Do I need L plates on a 125cc if I have a full car Licence?

Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) You don’t need L-plates. After you have obtained your CBT certificate, you will be entitled to ride any motorcycle or scooter up to 125cc. This entitlement lasts for 2 years and you will not be able to take passengers or go on motorways. You must also display L – plates.