What can you do with old baby furniture?
You can donate used baby items near you to women’s shelters, daycares, and day camps. They may be able to use items such as baby swings, cribs, mattress, playpens, toys, and anything else that can be cleaned up.
What can you do with old baby beds?
Old cribs turned toys
- Wagon. It’s basically a mini crib on wheels!
- Chalkboard. A crib head and foot board can easily be turned into an easel wit ha few hinges.
- Easel. Turn a crib headboard and footboard into an easel with a few hinges.
- Upside down crib.
- Loft toddler bed.
Can cribs be resold?
Reselling, donating old cribs now illegal under new federal consumer protection rules. Cribs manufactured before July 23, 2010, don’t meet new standards set by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and are illegal to resell or donate.
How do I get rid of my old crib?
Answer: Assuming you have access to a city or county dump (you did not provide an address in your question), you should dispose of the crib there, said a spokeswoman for the Consumer Product Safety Commission. “It should be disassembled at the time,” she emphasized.
Why are cribs with drop sides banned?
Dec. 15, 2010 — The Consumer Product Safety Commission is banning cribs with drop-down sides because they have been blamed for the deaths of at least 32 infants since 2001. The new rules also will prohibit drop-side crib use at motels, hotels, and child care facilities.
What can I do with an old drop side crib?
What do you do with a recalled crib?
If the crib has been recalled, or the manufacturer is willing to take it back, they will give you a voucher good for the purchase of another crib (most likely from the store that sells similar cribs to the old one).
What can I do with used crib mattress?
What do you do when you are done with your Crib Mattress?
- Donate your used crib mattress to a shelter.
- Donate your crib mattress to local furniture banks where people in need can gather good, used products for their home.
- Sell the crib mattress components to a recycler.
What can I do with drop side crib?