What are M&E skills?
Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners. Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects. Excellent analytical skills. Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
Why M&E training is important?
Monitoring and evaluation helps with identifying the most valuable and efficient use of resources. Monitoring and evaluation together provide the necessary data to guide strategic planning, to design and implement programmes and projects, and to allocate, and re-allocate resources in better ways.
How do I become an M&E specialist?
How to Have a Career in Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) with No Prior Experience
- Acquire formal certification in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Using your actual job as a springboard.
- Volunteer to assist experienced evaluators.
- Join evaluation networks and associations.
- Let go of your preoccupation with job titles.
How do I become an M&A specialist?
Qualifications. An entry-level M&A analyst needs a bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, or mathematics. In addition, they need to have some prior experience in investment banking. Many M&A professionals, especially at higher levels, have MBAs.
How can I be a good M&E officer?
- Be a manager. o The M&E Officer should manage the “M&E process”, which can include many tasks and people.
- Be a trainer.
- Quality control.
- Facilitate utilization.
- Good “project-understanding”
- Have “people skills”
- Analytical skills.
- Data collection and data entry.
What is M&E log frame?
What is a Logframe? The Logical Framework is: a planning tool that sets out the objectives of a project and how they will be measured. the most commonly used tool in M&E, favoured especially by funders. a concise document (usually no more than two pages)
What is project logframe?
A log frame is a tool for improving the planning, implementation, management, monitor- ing and evaluation of projects. The log frame is a way of structuring the main elements in a project and highlighting the logical linkages between them.
What skills are needed for evaluation?
In order to design, run or interpret evaluations, budding development professionals need an understanding of the following.
- Research study design, outcome measurement and statistical methods.
- Social science methods.
- Cost-benefit analysis.
- Evidence-based decision making.