Should you trim your beard when growing it out?
When you start growing a beard, you might have to suffer through a few awkward stages in order to get a desired look. (Especially if the beard isn’t as thick as you’d like.) But once it coats your face and starts growing bulky, you need to trim the hedges a bit. Even if you’re growing it out.
How do you make a scraggly beard look good?
Scraggly Beard – How to Fix It & Make It Look Neat & Tidy
- Use a Beard Straightener.
- Trim to an Even Length.
- Use a Beard Comb.
- Brush It Up.
- Define Your Neckline.
- Use Beard Wax Instead of Oils and Balsams.
- Tidy Up Your Mustache.
- Test Different Beard Styles.
How long does the awkward beard stage last?
around 2 to 3 weeks
The awkward phase is a stretch of time around 2 to 3 weeks of growth where your hair is significantly longer than stubble but shorter than a typical beard. It’s still a bit itchy and it can be hard to style to your liking. Getting through this phase requires time, patience, and commitment.
How do you tame a wiry beard?
How to Soften Your Beard
- Trim your beard with scissors. Often.
- Wash your beard daily. For multiple reasons.
- Apply conditioners or oils twice daily to soften beard. Twice a day, apply a beard conditioner or beard oil.
- Comb and brush your beard. A beard comb distributes any product thoroughly.
- Style your beard with balm.
How can I trim my beard without it hurting?
Turn the trimmer on and with a gentle but firm pressure, trim each side of your face, working along the grain using long smooth strokes.
- Maintain balance between each side of your face by always starting at the ears and working down.
- The guard should keep the trimmer from irritating your skin or cutting too much hair.
When should you give up on a beard?
You need to let your beard grow for 90 to 120 days to see what you’re really working with. This is a big one. Many men call it quits on their beard after a single month because it looks patchy and sparse.
How do I get a beard like Jason Momoa?
How to Get Jason Momoa’s Beard
- Take a beard trimmer without any guard-comb attached to it and carve out a rough Ducktail shape with it around the beards jawline and chin area.
- Attach a 1/4″ guard comb to your beard trimmer and trim the sides down with it from the top part of the ear to the lowest part.