How do you add X-axis labels in Excel?
From the Design tab, Data group, select Select Data. In the dialog box under Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels, click Edit. In the Axis label range enter the cell references for the x-axis or use the mouse to select the range, click OK. Click OK.
How do I add a label to a chart in Excel 2010?
Add data labels to a chart (Office 2010)
- On a chart, do one of the following: To add a data label to all data points of all data series, click the chart area.
- On the Layout tab, in the Labels group, click Data Labels, and then click the display option that you want.
How do I add a label to a cell in Excel?
Add a label or text box to a worksheet
- Click Developer, click Insert, and then click Label .
- Click the worksheet location where you want the upper-left corner of the label to appear.
- To specify the control properties, right-click the control, and then click Format Control.
How do I add labels to a column in Excel?
Manually add data labels from different column in an Excel chart
- Right click the data series in the chart, and select Add Data Labels > Add Data Labels from the context menu to add data labels.
- Click any data label to select all data labels, and then click the specified data label to select it only in the chart.
How do I add a second data label in Excel?
1. Right click the data series in the chart, and select Add Data Labels > Add Data Labels from the context menu to add data labels. 2. Click any data label to select all data labels, and then click the specified data label to select it only in the chart.
How do I add a secondary axis in Excel?
Add or remove a secondary axis in a chart in Excel
- Select a chart to open Chart Tools.
- Select Design > Change Chart Type.
- Select Combo > Cluster Column – Line on Secondary Axis.
- Select Secondary Axis for the data series you want to show.
- Select the drop-down arrow and choose Line.
- Select OK.
How do I add one data label in Excel?
Method — add one data label to a chart line
- Click on the chart line to add the data point to.
- All the data points will be highlighted.
- Click again on the single point that you want to add a data label to.
- Right-click and select ‘Add data label’
- This is the key step!
How do I add a secondary axis in Excel 2010?
Add a secondary horizontal axis (Office 2010)
- Click a chart that displays a secondary vertical axis. This displays the Chart Tools, adding the Design, Layout, and Format tabs.
- On the Layout tab, in the Axes group, click Axes.
- Click Secondary Horizontal Axis, and then click the display option that you want.
How do I flip X axis in Excel?
You need to do the below steps to rotate Axis labels: #1 right click on the X Axis label, and select Format Axis from the popup menu list. And the Format Axis dialog will open. #2 click Alignment menu in the left of Format Axis dialog. And select Rotate all text 90 from the Text direction drop down list box.
How do you rotate axis labels in Excel?
Rotate axis labels in Excel 2007/2010. 1. Right click at the axis you want to rotate its labels, select Format Axis from the context menu. See screenshot: 2. In the Format Axis dialog, click Alignment tab and go to the Text Layout section to select the direction you need from the list box of Text direction.
What is x axis in Excel?
The X-axis, which is the horizontal axis, on most Excel charts does not use numeric intervals like the vertical Y-axis does. The X-axis contains either strings of text or a date under each set of data points.
What are horizontal axis labels?
The horizontal axis label is the label associated with the subgroup-variable LOT. The vertical axis label for the median chart, referred to as the primary vertical axis label, is the first portion of the label associated with the process variable WEIGHT, up to but not including the split character,…