How do I turn on notifications in Outlook for Windows 7?
Fix 1: Outlook Setting
- In Outlook, select the “File” menu.
- Select “Options“.
- Choose the “Mail” option in the left pane.
- Scroll down to the “Message arrival” section. Check the “Display a Desktop Alert” box if you want a notification box to appear when you receive an email.
How do I get Outlook alerts on my desktop?
Turn desktop alerts on or off
- Go to File > Options.
- In the left column, click Mail. Look for the “Message arrival” section under this tab.
- In the “Message arrival” section, check or uncheck the box next to “Display a Desktop Alert.”
What is Outlook desktop alert?
A Desktop Alert is a notification that appears on your desktop when you receive a new email message, a meeting request, or a task request. By default, Desktop Alerts are turned on. The information displayed in a Desktop Alert varies depending on the item that you receive in your Inbox.
How do I turn on sound notifications in Outlook?
New message notifications
- Click the File tab.
- Click Options > Mail.
- Under Message Arrival, select or clear the Play a sound check box.
How do I get email notifications on my desktop?
Turn Gmail notifications on or off
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings. See all settings.
- Scroll down to the “Desktop notifications” section.
- Select New mail notifications on, Important mail notifications on, or Mail notifications off.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
How do I set a reminder in Outlook 2013 for every Friday?
Click File > Options > Calendar. To turn default reminders on or off for all new appointments or meetings, under Calendar options, select or clear the Default reminders check box. If you select the check box, enter how long before the appointment or meeting when you want the reminder to appear.
How do I fix Outlook notifications?
Select File > Options > Mail. Under Message arrival, select or clear the Display a Desktop Alert check box and then select OK.
How do I set up email alerts in Outlook?
Right-click the email and select Rules > Create Rule. Alternatively, select the email, and on the Home tab of the ribbon, click Rules > Create Rule. Switch on the checkbox next to the sender’s name and then choose “Display In The New Item Alert Window” and/or “Play A Selected Sound.”
Why can’t I hear my email notifications?
Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
How do I add sound to Outlook email?
Add Background Sound to Emails
- Start with a new message in HTML format.
- Select Format > Background > Sound from the menu.
- Click Browse to select the sound file you want to play in the background.
- Specify whether you want the sound file to play continuously or a certain number of times.
- Select OK.
How to turn off the desktop alert in outlook?
[Solution] How to Turn Off the Desktop Alert in Outlook 1 Select File > Options > Mail. 2 Under Message arrival, select or clear the Display a Desktop Alert check box and then select OK. See More….
How long does the new Mail desktop alert last?
In Outlook 2010 on Windows 7, I was able to alter the “New Mail Desktop Alert” duration to up to 30 seconds in Outlook or perpetual via your mentioned Registry key modification.
When does the new desktop alert show up?
By default the new New Mail Desktop Alert will only show when the mail is delivered to the Inbox. This means that when you have a rule configured to move your mail to a different folder the Notification won’t show.
How to create a new e-mail alert in outlook?
Select the action: display a specific message in the New Item Alert window. Type your specific message (this is handy when you create more than one rule that displays the New Item Alert window so that you can easily distinguish between them). Press Finish to complete the rule. Get your newly received e-mails in a handy overview.