How do I reset my ViewPager?
It works if you do the following:
- invalidate the viewPager to invalidate the cache.
- call notifyDataSetChanged() to tell the adapter that there have been changes and it has to refresh the Fragments.
- override getItemPosition in your FragmentStatePagerAdapter in order to have all of your Fragments refreshed.
How do you update a pager?
If we populate or update our data collection with new data and call notifyDataSetChanged() on adapter(PagerAdapter or FragmentPagerAdapter or FragmentStatePagerAdapter instance), adapter’s getItemPosition(Object) is called.
How do I refresh a ViewPager fragment?
So if you need to update Fragment you can do it with:
- Always return POSITION_NONE from getItemPosition() method. It which means: “Fragment must be always recreated”
- You can create some update() method that will update your Fragment(fragment will handle updates itself)
How do I use ViewPager 2?
Let’s now see how to use ViewPager2 in our project
- Step 1: Create a New Project. On the Welcome screen of Android Studio, click on Create New Project.
- Step 2: Add Vector Assets to show on the screen.
- Step 3: Go to activity_main.xml and add the ViewPager2 widget to it.
Should I use ViewPager or ViewPager2?
ViewPager2 is an improved version of the ViewPager library that offers enhanced functionality and addresses common difficulties when using ViewPager . ViewPager2 has several advantages such as vertical orientation support, RTL and access to DiffUtil .
How do I load a fragment in ViewPager?
You can find the source code of this project here.
- Step 1: Put a ViewPager widget in your xml layout.
- Step 2: Set up the child Fragments you would like to display.
- Step 3: Make an adapter for the ViewPager.
- Step 4: Now find your ViewPager in MainActivity and call the setAdapter() method and pass in your custom adapter.
How to update a view in the viewpager?
So when you want to change the data or invalidate the view that you need, you can call the findViewWithTag () method on the ViewPager to retrieve the previously instantiated view and modify/use it as you want without having to delete/create a new view each time you want to update some value.
How do I refresh a page in Firefox?
Refresh Firefox Click this Refresh Firefox button directly, if you are viewing this page in Firefox. This won’t work if you are using a different browser or on a mobile device. To continue, click Refresh Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. Firefox will close to refresh itself. When finished, a window will list your imported information.
How to reload the view pager in Android?
This way, when you call notifyDataSetChanged(), the view pager will remove all views and reload them all. As so the reload effect is obtained. The second option, suggested by Alvaro Luis Bustamante (previously alvarolb), is to setTag()method in instantiateItem()when instantiating a new view.
What does notifydatasetchanged do on the pageradapter?
The notifyDataSetChanged () method on the PagerAdapter will only notify the ViewPager that the underlying pages have changed. For example, if you have created/deleted pages dynamically (adding or removing items from your list) the ViewPager should take care of that.