How can I cover my ceiling cheaply?
Here are some affordable ways to beautify your home’s ceilings:
- Paint. It’s a great way to change the perception of your space.
- Tin Tiles. Hide damage and uneven surfaces with tin ceiling tiles that introduce a vintage vibe.
- Moldings and More.
- Tiles or Planks.
What can I use to cover a bad ceiling?
Ideas to Hide Bad Ceilings
- Texture and Flat Paint. Paint roller painting ceiling. Image Credit: Eillen/iStock/Getty Images.
- Hanging Tin Tiles. Tin tiles behind a chandelier. Image Credit: pabkov/iStock/Getty Images.
- Wood Ceiling Paneling. Wood ceiling panels.
- Lighting, Medallions and Hangings. Recessed ceiling lights.
How do you hide an unsightly ceiling?
Ideas to hide bad ceilings
- Paint. If you do not like the colour of your ceiling, a coat of paint can be just the trick but painting to cover water damage or mould is not the best solution.
- Textured Treatment.
- Drop Ceiling.
- Ceiling Medallions.
What is the easiest way to cover a ceiling?
Installing styrofoam ceiling tiles is one of the easiest ways to change an ugly ceiling into a beautiful one. The ceiling tiles attach directly to the existing ceiling using an adhesive. The beauty is that there are a number of different patterns available and they are not expensive.
How do you renovate low ceilings?
8 Ways to Fix a Home with Low Ceilings
- Make sure crown moulding is proportional.
- Use tall bookshelves and full height cabinetry.
- Keep ceiling color and wall color the same…
- Hang drapes as close to the ceiling as possible.
- Use recessed lights or uplighting in the space.
- Hang artwork high.
How much does it Cost to redo ceiling?
Average Cost to Install a Ceiling Installing or replacing a ceiling typically costs $925 and $2,597, or $1,743 on average, depending on what style you want, such as tray, beam and stretch ceilings. It costs $1 to $3 per square foot for basic drywall builds, while coffered ceilings are $20 to $30 per square foot.
What’s the best way to fix an ugly ceiling?
Drywall Installing drywall is another solid solution for an ugly ceiling. The job requires two people to lift the panels, unless you use a lift. Once you’ve installed, primed and painted the new ceiling, it should be maintenance-free for many years.
What should I use to cover my drop ceiling?
Embossed patterns, pressed tin, faux coffers and wood-plank designs are readily available, debunking the idea that drop ceilings are only for fluorescent-lit office spaces. Unexpected on a ceiling, wallpaper completely covers the offending eyesore underneath.
What should I use to repair cracks in my Ceiling?
Repair cracks with drywall tape and mud, and thoroughly cover stains with a white shellac-based product like B.I.N. In most cases, you’ll be attaching the new ceiling to joists underneath the surface of the existing ceiling, so locating the joists is an important first step.
What should I do about old ceiling tiles?
The only trouble you might have is if the tiles aren’t well adhered to the ceilings; I have heard of them pulling away from the ceiling completely and just being held up by the trim at the edges. For a small investment in time and money, you can paint the tiles and then sheetrock the ceilings at a later time if necessary.