Can you do an if statement with Contains?
Generally, you will use the IF function to do a logical test, and return one value when the condition is met (cell contains) and/or another value when the condition is not met (cell does not contain).
How do I check if a cell contains a value in Excel?
The Excel ISNUMBER function returns TRUE when a cell contains a number, and FALSE if not. You can use ISNUMBER to check that a cell contains a numeric value, or that the result of another function is a number. The Excel ISODD function returns TRUE when a value is an odd number, and FALSE when a value is an even number.
How do you check if a cell contains a certain text?
Cell contains specific text
- Generic formula. =ISNUMBER(SEARCH(substring,text))
- To check if a cell contains specific text, you can use the SEARCH function together with the ISNUMBER function.
- The SEARCH function returns the position of the search string when found, and the #VALUE!
- How to use formula criteria (50 examples)
How do I use an IF statement in Excel?
AND – =IF(AND(Something is True, Something else is True), Value if True, Value if False) OR – =IF(OR(Something is True, Something else is True), Value if True, Value if False)
How do you create an IF formula in Excel?
To enter your IF Function Arguments,
- Click the spreadsheet cell where you wish to use the Excel formula.
- From the Formulas tab, click Insert function…
- In the Insert Function dialog text box, type “if”.
- Make sure your cursor is in the Logical_test text box.
- Click the spreadsheet cell you wish to evaluate.
How do I format a cell if another cell contains text?
Select the cells you want to apply conditional formatting to. Click the first cell in the range, and then drag to the last cell. Click HOME > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Text that Contains. In the Text that Contains box, on the left, enter the text you want highlighted.
How do you make a cell say something based on another cell?
Click the cell where you want to enter a reference to another cell. Type an equals (=) sign in the cell. Click the cell in the same worksheet you want to make a reference to, and the cell name is automatically entered after the equal sign. Press Enter to create the cell reference.