Can I install Linux on a netbook?
Reboot your netbook and go into your BIOS or boot menu. There select the usb device as the device to boot from. Do you want both to be installed on the machine (Dual boot)? If not, you can install the Linux distribution on the main harddisk (Erasing all windows data!).
How to boot from USB on samsung NC10?
Plug in your USB flash startup drive (OR your USB CD/DVD drive with the Ubuntu disk inserted), then reboot the computer. You may need to change your NC10’s boot settings so that it will boot from a plugged-in USB disk; to check, press F2 when the Netbook is first turning on to enter BIOS setup.
How do I factory reset my Samsung NC10 netbook?
- Connect the power adapter to the netbook and confirm the adapter is connected to an electrical outlet.
- Turn on the Samsung.
- Read the license terms and then click “Agree” to proceed.
- Click “Complete Restore.” Select “Computer Initial Status” from the options and then click “Next.”
- Click “OK” to restart the computer.
What is a Samsung netbook?
The Samsung NC10 is a subnotebook/netbook computer designed by Samsung. At the time of its introduction (2008), it was noted for its combination of a 10.2″ screen and large 6-cell battery as standard, giving a battery life of up to 7.5 hours, a large hard disk drive and a release price of 499 USD (299 GBP).
Can I install Ubuntu on a netbook?
You do not need an optical drive to install Ubuntu on a netbook computer. You can install the Ubuntu operating system (OS) alongside the current netbook operating system, replace the operating system entirely or run the OS off of the thumb drive without going through installation.
Which is the best Linux OS for laptop?
The 5 Best Linux Distros for Laptops
- Manjaro Linux. Manjaro Linux is one of the open-source Linux distros that is easier to learn.
- Ubuntu. An obvious choice for the best Linux distro for laptops is Ubuntu.
- Elementary OS. Elementary OS is a distribution based on Ubuntu.
- Linux Mint.
How do I access BIOS on Samsung nc10?
Press Esc at the BIOS screen to get the boot device menu (and an option to enter the BIOS setup).
How do I format my Samsung laptop with USB?
Boot your Samsung PC from a USB drive or optical media
- Shut down the PC. The boot selection menu will not be accessible if the PC is turned on from a low power or sleep mode.
- Attach your bootable media.
- Load the boot menu by pressing F10 as the computer is booting.
- Select the boot device.
How do I format my Samsung laptop and install Windows 7?
How to run Samsung laptop factory reset in Windows 7 easily?
- Boot your computer, and click Start > All Programs to open Samsung Recovery Solution 5.
- In the initial menu screen, click Restore.
- Select Complete Restore from the Restore menu.
- Select Computer Initial Status from the restore time list.